Reliance Jio may launch services by September: officials

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
An official says Reliance Jio has covered much ground in terms of testing its services and the launch is imminent in the next two-three months

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, the telecom unit of India’s second most valuable company, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), may launch commercial operations by September, according to two RIL officials familiar with the development.

Reliance Jio’s services were made available to employees and their families and friends last December. This May, Jio extended its services to the public through an employee-driven invite system where an invite from an RIL employee can bring others into the Jio users fold, allowing them to buy a Lyf phone and experience free unlimited 4G data and voice for three months.

Jio.com, the official website of Reliance Jio,went live on 2 June.

Through the website, users in general can request or register for an invite to join Jio’s beta launch. The website lists various services and apps that are being offered by the firm, including JioChat, JioJoin, MyJio, JioBeats, JioOnDemand, JioXpressNews, JioMoney and JioDrive.

A Jio spokesperson declined to comment on the development.

The company has covered more ground in terms of testing its services and the launch is expected in the next two to three months, said one of the people cited earlier, both of whom declined to be identified.

According to a report by news agency IANS, the Jio 4G service has 700,000 users and their total usage put together was 13 million gigabytes (GB) for six months, which translates into 18.57GB per user, according to internal data. A presentation made by RIL at the Morgan Stanley investor summit on 1 June had put the number of Jio users at 500,000 as of April.

The presentation said the average monthly consumption per user is in excess of 18GB within the first month of service and is increasing rapidly. Average voice usage is over 250 minutes within the first month, the presentation added.

“We expect R-Jio to be a formidable player and garner 10-12% revenue market share over the next three to four years with 100-120 million subscribers at an ARPU (average revenue per user) of Rs.250-300 per month. However, given the heavy upfront investment, return ratios could be sub-optimal in the near-to-medium term, in line with the incumbents,” IDFC Securities Ltd, a domestic brokerage, said in a 1 June report.

In terms of sales of Lyf phones, it has become the fourth largest in the country, said another RIL official, who also declined to be named. He, however, declined to share sales numbers.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/4C37WjGslYVJ6TxfxbhbJK/Reliance-Jio-may-launch-services-by-September-officials.html

I got a free replacement of reliance 4g sim for existing CDMA number. 4g is going to be launched this month end in Tamil.

While searching network I can see the jio Ind 4g signal in my phone.

In reliance office they say after 20th of this month CDMA will not work

I was trying to select jio 4g but it could not get connected 

b833d8df_o.png

Balaji G said:
I got a free replacement of reliance 4g sim for existing CDMA number. 4g is going to be launched this month end in Tamil.

While searching network I can see the jio Ind 4g signal in my phone.

In reliance office they say after 20th of this month CDMA will not work

I was trying to select jio 4g but it could not get connected 

b833d8df_o.png

hi,

What is the free Offer u got with upgrading to Jio 4G.

I have a Kerala Reliance CDMA mob number.

I am using the Jio Services by Invite. Curentlly the Compemantary Top-up is available till Sept'16, So they may launch in Sep'16 if system is ready otherwise Dec'16 as per there Representative.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock