Reliance Jio JioMeet

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,936
Zoom Video Communications India head said he was “shocked” at the resemblance between recently-launched video-conferencing app JioMeet and Zoom app. He said there have been a “lot of discussions internally” on pursuing a legal route.

“We knew it was coming. It’s fine, it is not the first time Zoom has faced competition. Our strength has been our products and technology, and our focus is on customers. What our competitors do is their strategy,” Sameer Raje, India head for Zoom Video Communications, told.

Talks held on legal action against JioMeet: Zoom India head - ETtech

This is a shameful act by Jio. So many International Companies are investing Crores of Money as Investment and They create a service/app which is duplicate of a Zoom.If this is the case then why so much investment from so many companies, has the creativity died at Jio. Even their Jio Fiber is in a miserable state. asking for a connection at my location for almost a year,still no positive reply or any progress only delaying the connection dates.
Same here, been asking for fiber connection from last 2 years that's too for residential complex which have 600 flats and society has given rollout approval also.

Zoom Video Communications India head said he was “shocked” at the resemblance between recently-launched video-conferencing app JioMeet and Zoom app. He said there have been a “lot of discussions internally” on pursuing a legal route.

“We knew it was coming. It’s fine, it is not the first time Zoom has faced competition. Our strength has been our products and technology, and our focus is on customers. What our competitors do is their strategy,” Sameer Raje, India head for Zoom Video Communications, told.

Talks held on legal action against JioMeet: Zoom India head - ETtech
Case is over now, :cool: JIO Meet doesn't have similarities now. Everything got changed.

I have been using Jio meet for some time, I am impressed with the quality of sound and video. Amazing work done by them.

Last edited:
Case is over now, :cool: JIO Meet doesn't have similarities now. Everything got changed.
But who knows about the codebase. That might still be using Zoom's framework. If Zoom decide to take legal action, they must be providing sufficient proofs against Jio Meet.

But who knows about the codebase. That might still be using Zoom's framework. If Zoom decide to take legal action, they must be providing sufficient proofs against Jio Meet.
Correct, if codes matches then it may be problem.

Same here, been asking for fiber connection from last 2 years that's too for residential complex which have 600 flats and society has given rollout approval also.
Jio Fiber Customer Support is the worst that I have experienced.They are lazy and least bothered even for desperate users.It is their own fault that it is in such a miserable state.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock