RCB retain Kohli, Gayle and De Villiers ahead of IPL 7 auction

• Thread starter Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 771

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
Royal Challengers Bangalore have retained Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers a day before the deadline to declare the list of retained players ahead of 2014 IPL auction.
The franchise has also appointed New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori as head coach and former South Africa paceman Allan Donald as bowling coach. Australian Trent Woodhill has been named as team's batting and fielding coach.

Each franchise can retain up to five players ahead of the auction on February 12, and then can buy more players from the squad at the auction using the new 'right to match' cards.
The franchise has also appointed NZ spinner Daniel Vettori as head coach and former South Africa paceman Allan Donald as bowling coach.

kohli-gayle-villiers-afp.jpg

"I am happy and honoured to be retained by RCB and it's great to be back to Bangalore, literally my 2nd home now ... Am looking forward to working closely with Dan Vettori. Bowling Coach Allan Donald's experience will add a lot of value. Together with my other retained mates Chris and AB and the rest of the team, I hope to fulfill the faith that RCB and the fans of Bangalore have reposed in me," said Kohli in a team statement.

"Home Again!! I am happy to be retained by RCB and looking forward to the love and affection ... Bangalore, here I come again and let's rock!!!!," Gayle said.
RCB owner Vijay Mallya tweeted: "Delighted to retain Virat, Gayle and AB in RCB. Easily amongst the best players in the World. We will build a strong squad around them."

Bro Already Posted
Prashanta said:
RCB Retain Kohli, Gayle & AB de Villiers
Daniel Vettori-Head coach
Allan Donald-Bowling Coach
Trent Woodhill=Batting and Fielding Coach
CricInfo

Back
Top Bottom