RBI Dismisses Rumours of GPS-enabled Rs 2,000 Notes

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
The Reserve Bank of India has dismissed as “figments of imagination” rumours that a new series of Rs 2,000 will come with a GPS-chip that will help government track illegal money transactions.
“Such a technology does not exist at the moment in the world, then how can we introduce such a feature?” RBI spokesperson Aplana Killawala told News18 .

She said that the RBI website had detailed the security features of the new note and that there was nothing else besides what has been officially said, especially any possibly of a GPS-enabled chip.
Reports of a chip-enabled series of new currency notes had surfaced immediately after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Tuesday that the government was scrapping the existing denominations of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes.

RBI Dismisses Rumours of GPS-enabled Rs 2,000 Notes - News18

Basic Fact bro,
currently SPMCIL (Indian Mint) paying 29/- to print a new 2000/- notes.
If they additionally embedded any Nano or Micro GPS chip within the notes, it cost them approx 50/- extra.
so its practically impossible to implement this plan as the total price will increased a lot...
and, what secret in it, Due to Media , everyone already knows that there is a news circulating about nano gps chip in notes

Optimus_Prime said:
Basic Fact bro,
currently SPMCIL (Indian Mint) paying 29/- to print a new 2000/- notes.
If they additionally embedded any Nano or Micro GPS chip within the notes, it cost them approx 50/- extra.
so its practically impossible to implement this plan as the total price will increased a lot...
and, what secret in it, Due to Media , everyone already knows that there is a news circulating about nano gps chip in notes

Still i am believing something in the new 2K notes to stop counterfeit .. If they accept means someone (IT guys) try to duplicate it easily .. So RBI may issue this info to public .. Nothing is impossible for Modi ji :) ..

Basically no need of such chips . As already they have decided that they would bring very small amount of stock of 2k note . No no black money will be stored in 2k note

These notes will be printed in small numbers so I think govt will withdraw it when it will come for reprint

I had already posted this news. I don't know where to find my thread (I don't want to make that effort, I know how to find). I posted in the moring only.

Prathamesh said:
I had already posted this news. I don't know where to find my thread (I don't want to make that effort, I know how to find). I posted in the moring only.

Click on your own name and scroll down and click on all threads

Sarkar said:
These notes will be printed in small numbers so I think govt will withdraw it when it will come for reprint

In how many years :huh ,.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock