Rajinikanth remembers Jayalalithaa as “a lady with a golden heart”, says “I had hurt

santosh

Banned
Reaction score
He also described her as a ‘kohinoor diamond’ who had made her way up through difficulties in a male-dominated society. He also described her as “a lady with a golden heart”.

Amma is no more. Yesterday was a condolence meeting for Jayalalithaa at the Nadigar Sangam. Superstar Rajinikanth attended the meeting and recalled his speech that hurt her. He also said that despite their troubled relationship, Jayalalithaa did not hold anything against him. “Jayalalithaa lost elections in 1996 because of me. I had hurt her,” Rajinikanth said. He had said “even God can’t save Tamil Nadu if Jayalalithaa’s party AIADMK voted to power. The DMK won that election in a landslide, while the AIADMK just managed to secure only four seats.” He also described her as a ‘kohinoor diamond’ who had made her way up through difficulties in a male-dominated society. He also described her as “a lady with a golden heart”.
Paying rich tributes to the former chief minister, he said it was with great difficulty that she could take over the reins of the AIADMK following the death of its founder and her political mentor MG Ramachandran and that she had even overtaken him in achievements. He likened her to a diamond, saying the challenges of life had further polished her. Having lost her father at the age of two and mother 20 years later, she faced various challenges including having no family but achieved fame by hard work in a male-dominated society, he said. “Today, she is resting like a kohinoor diamond at the MGR memorial site and enjoys the love and affection of so many people,” he added.

Jayalalithaa's Death: Wailing Supporters Tonsure Heads

He also paid rich tributes to Ramaswamy, his long time friend. Hospitalised on September 22 and having suffered a cardiac arrest on December 4, 68-year-old Jayalalithaa had passed away the next day. Ramaswamy, a veteran journalist, satirist, playwright and actor died of illness on December 7.
(With PTI inputs)

Rajinikanth remembers Jayalalithaa as "a lady with a golden heart", says "I had hurt her, she lost 1996 polls due to me" - The ...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock