Rafael Nadal Withdraws From 2014 US Open

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 937

Vadirocks

Contributor
Reaction score
Defending US Open champion Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from this year's US Open men's singles tournament due to a right wrist injury. The left-hander, who employs a two-handed backhand, sustained the injury in training after Wimbledon and had earlier withdrawn from the Emirates Airline US Open Series events in Toronto and Cincinnati, both events he also won in 2013.

"I am very sorry to announce I won’t be able to play at this year’s US Open, a tournament on which I’ve played three consecutive finals in my last participations," the world No. 2 said in a statement. "I am sure you understand that it is a very tough moment for me since it is a tournament I love and where I have great memories from fans, the night matches, so many things. … Not much more I can do right now, other than accept the situation and, as always in my case, work hard in order to be able to compete at the highest level once I am back."

Nadal won the US Open men's singles title in 2010 and 2013, and he reached the final in 2011. He was forced to withdraw from the 2012 US Open with a knee injury.

The 14-time Grand Slam champion had been enjoying a standout year before the injury, reaching the final of the Australian Open and winning his ninth title at Roland Garros.

Nadal is the fourth man in the Open era not entered in the following year's field. The others were Ken Rosewall in 1971, Pete Sampras in 2003 and Juan Martin del Potro in 2010.

Ciurtesy : usopen.org

Yeah! This Is The Issue With Him, Somehow Gets Injured,

BTW I'm Expecting Roger To Lift The Trophy (I'm His Fan)

Back
Top Bottom