Quora says 100 million users hit by security breach

Mystique

Reaction score
About 100 million users of Quora were affected by unauthorized access to one of its systems by a “malicious third party,” the knowledge-sharing website said on Monday.
Account information, including name, email address, encrypted password and data imported from linked networks when authorized by users may have been compromised, it said.

Quora says 100 million users hit by security breach | Reuters

Reactions: iDJ
Official words from Quora: Quora Security Update

What we are doing

While our investigation continues, we're taking additional steps to improve our security:

• We’re in the process of notifying users whose data has been compromised.
  • Out of an abundance of caution, we are logging out all Quora users who may have been affected, and, if they use a password as their authentication method, we are invalidating their passwords.
  • We believe we’ve identified the root cause and taken steps to address the issue, although our investigation is ongoing and we’ll continue to make security improvements.

Guys, sorry i'm not sure whether if you even use quora its not much popular like fb & other. its mainly consist of question & answers made by its users .its sad and scary over 100 million user data has been hacked ..This includes names, email addresses, IP addresses, user IDs, encrypted passwords, user account settings, personalization data, public actions and content (including drafts) such as questions, answers, comments, blog posts and upvotes. admins if you find it unsuitable , plz remove it ,

Quora Hacked: What Happened, What Data Was Stolen And What Do 100 Million Users Need To Do Next?

Last edited:
Guys, sorry i'm not sure whether if you even use quora its not much popular like fb & other. its mainly consist of question & answers made by its users .its sad and scary over 100 million user data has been hacked ..This includes names, email addresses, IP addresses, user IDs, encrypted passwords, user account settings, personalization data, public actions and content (including drafts) such as questions, answers, comments, blog posts and upvotes. admins if you find it unsuitable , plz remove it ,

Quora Hacked: What Happened, What Data Was Stolen And What Do 100 Million Users Need To Do Next?
Not much popular ?? Are you sure ?? 20% of Quora traffic is from India which is 2nd to USA . It's in top 100 global website Alexa ranking

Not much popular ?? Are you sure ?? 20% of Quora traffic is from India which is 2nd to USA . It's in top 100 global website Alexa ranking
i said overall bro.. have you seen tv media telling about it in news .. like they did for fb and others .

i said overall bro.. have you seen tv media telling about it in news .. like they did for fb and others .

There are lots of things that are out of media attention , doesn't mean that are not popular.

Anyway I deleted my Quora as well as fb account 8 months back . So it doesn't affect me

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock