Discussion Poor Video Quality of some Movies on Hotstar App

DjangoBaba123

Reaction score
I watched a Telugu movie 'Surya vs Surya' today on hotstar app on firestick. Surprised that it was giving poor quality video even after I set it to High quality. In fact, it looked like it was 240p. I tried watching another movie 'Shirdi Sai' as well. The PQ was bad for that too.

To confirm that my internet speed was good, I watched the same movie on prime video on the same firestick. The PQ was perfect.

I checked the same movie on the hotstar app on my mobile and the PQ was almost as worse as that on firestick. However, on my laptop, it was fine

Is there something wrong with the hotstar app? Can anyone please check it in their mobile/firestick?

P.S: I have a VIP subscription for hotstar BTW.

Yes, it is an issue with new Hotstar app. I have seen some old shows also having this issue. Old version of Hotstar was lot better with respect to clarity. Since they force us to update on old version, we can't use old version of Hotstar either.

I watched a Telugu movie 'Surya vs Surya' today on hotstar app on firestick. Surprised that it was giving poor quality video even after I set it to High quality. In fact, it looked like it was 240p. I tried watching another movie 'Shirdi Sai' as well. The PQ was bad for that too.

To confirm that my internet speed was good, I watched the same movie on prime video on the same firestick. The PQ was perfect.

I checked the same movie on the hotstar app on my mobile and the PQ was almost as worse as that on firestick. However, on my laptop, it was fine

Is there something wrong with the hotstar app? Can anyone please check it in their mobile/firestick?

P.S: I have a VIP subscription for hotstar BTW.
Thats happening always..they automatically change vedio quality to low when internet is slow...at night time even if i choose high quality resolution still i got 240 p quailty ..this is done to provide continue vedio playing without any buffering in slow internet connection

Yesterday I watched Lukachhuppi on jio cinema, quality was so bad. On other side I watched Why Cheat India on Airtel TV app, their quality was superb 👍.
Now talks about hotstar, Yes you right bro their quality is decreasing day by day.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock