PCB chairman threatens to boycott India in ICC and ACC events: Reports

• Thread starter Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 117
  • Views Views: Views 5,409

Sarkar

Reaction score
As the impasse over the proposed India-Pakistan series in December continues, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Shahryar Khan has threatened to boycott India in ICC and ACC events if the Indian board doesn't confirm their participation in the bilateral series in December. India and Pakistan had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to facilitate a bilateral series in December.

"Nothing is final or decided as yet but if the Indian Board officially backs out of the series, then we have the option of boycotting all matches against them in ICC and ACC events as well," Khan was quoted as saying by 'Express' newspaper.

PCB had written to BCCI seeking a bilateral series in December. However, given the complex nature of the political ties between the two Asian giants, India need a government clearance to go ahead and play a series against their neighbours. Shahryar pointed out that the letter was sent to his Indian counterparts in August and he is yet to receive a response.

"I sent the letter on 28 August and I am still waiting for a reply. They (the BCCI) should tell us whether they want to play the series or not. Because if they say they don't have government clearance and refuse to play the series, then we reserve the right to act against the Indian Board for not honoring an agreement at every level," Shahryar said.

"I am not saying we have decided to do this or we will do it but certainly if we don't get to host our home series in December, then we have to consider appropriate action as well," he added.

Pakistan toured India for a brief ODI series in 2012 but the two countries have largely faced each other only in ICC or ACC events in the recent past.

PCB chairman threatens to boycott India in ICC and ACC events: Reports - Cricbuzz

Dnt blackmail us Pakistan...:huh
Becoz of ur Political reasons we r not intrested to play bilatral series with u..:angry
First take action against terrorism which is trying to attack on Indian regions i.e Jaammu & Kashmir..:( :(

Ab Mazaa aayega. India and Pakistan supposedly in the same group in icc world t20.

ayanc99 said:
Ab Mazaa aayega. India and Pakistan supposedly in the same group in icc world t20.

Don't worry Cricket can live without Pakistan but not without India ;)

Sarkar said:
Match Drawn :k

India will get the points , as pak is refusing to play against india.
Same happened in 1996 odi wc. Aus and WI refused to go in SL. SL got those points without playing the match

Sarkar said:
Match Drawn :k

No not drawn India will get points if pakistan or any other team refuse to play against India .... Same thing happen in 2003 world cup also most of teams refuse to play in kenya for that kenya team got points without playing matches and went to semis .....

sathishbabu4u said:
India will get the points , as pak is refusing to play against india.
Same happened in 1996 odi wc. Aus and WI refused to go in SL. SL got those points without playing the match

sailaxman16 said:
No not drawn India will get points if pakistan or any other team refuse to play against India .... Same thing happen in 2003 world cup also most of teams refuse to play in kenya for that kenya team got points without playing matches and went to semis .....

I never knew this kind of details thanks bro's:clap:clap

Back
Top Bottom