PCB allows Afridi to play abroad after slapping Rs4.5mn fine for contract breach

Reaction score
Lahore, June 17(ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued no-objection certificate (NOC) to former captain Shahid Afridi along with a fine of 4.5 million rupees for breaching various clauses of the central contract.

Talking to media persons at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) before the PCB disciplinary committee's decision, Afridi refused to apologise for his alleged violation of the PCB's code of conduct, but said that he was ready to accept any verdict of the committee.

"I admit I have made mistakes, but the circumstances forced me to do things. But I have not apologised to the committee," The Nation quoted Afridi, as saying.

He explained his position to the committee, and clarified his conduct reported in the media recently that resulted in the suspension of his central contract and revocation of his NOC.

After a detailed hearing of over three hours, Afridi regretted and pleaded guilty and requested the committee to decide the matter.

The committee appreciated Afridi for recognising his indiscretion and treated the same as a mitigating circumstance.

For reasons to be announced later through a detailed order, the committee recommended to impose a fine of 4.5 million dollars for breach of various clauses of the central contract and code of conduct.

As Afridi has been awarded penalties, therefore on his request, the committee recommended to the PCB that he would be issued an NOC for playing for Hampshire.

PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt endorsed the recommendations of the disciplinary committee.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock