• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!
  • If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.

OTF Exclusive Pan India 2021 Spectrum Holding Chart

saketk11

Pro
Reaction score
as expected

Airtel sells some 800 MHz spectrum in 3 circles to Jio for Rs 1,037.6 crore

Vishal96

Pro
Reaction score
But band 5 can hold only 10mhz block in deploying, they will do CA it seems. B5+5 CA 10+5Mhz

kanagadeepan

Pro
Contributor
Reaction score
@Esmail bro, what will Airtel do with 4.2MHz & 4.6MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum in Gujarat and Kerala circles respectively?? Is there another Spectrum sale in pipeline, this time from VoId to Airtel (1MHz in Gujarat and 0.4MHz in Kerala??) or Airtel just use the 3MHz for 4G indoor coverage and rest 1.2MHz / 1.6MHz for 2G along with 5MHz of Band 3 ???

For sure, the 4G experience with just 3MHz of Band 8 will be sub-par, I guess.

Esmail

Senior Editor, OnlyTech
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
@Esmail bro, what will Airtel do with 4.2MHz & 4.6MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum in Gujarat and Kerala circles respectively?? Is there another Spectrum sale in pipeline, this time from VoId to Airtel (1MHz in Gujarat and 0.4MHz in Kerala??) or Airtel just use the 3MHz for 4G indoor coverage and rest 1.2MHz / 1.6MHz for 2G along with 5MHz of Band 3 ???

Yes either entirely used for 2G or then narrow band LTE and remaining for 2G

saketk11

Pro
Reaction score

vi to airtel is tough game. i see only hundrle is AGR.

But i am very much optimistic that airtel will implement Nb LTE. this will help airtel to grab some chucnk of vi customer to airtel. user exp on choked jio band 5 is still tolerable, then why would any subsciber complain about sub-par experiance on NB LTE. and Nb LTE will help airtel to expand Airtel IOT business further.

afterall both guj, and kerala are vis top circle and priority too. there is no deny that if vi is getting cash by selling spectrum is good news for airtel, but it will again give wrong impression that new cartel is formed. secondly vi wont able to attract investor , as they may think that company is selling assets,spectrum, to show profitability or, investor may think, that vi can sell spectrum/assets whereever copamny wont able to perform.

by may end everying will be clear.

Top Bottom