OnePlus 3T coming soon with Snapdragon 821, Android 7.0 Nougat: Report

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,343
Reaction score
It was earlier this month when a report suggested that OnePlus is working on a new variant of its flagship device – the OnePlus 3. Even while earlier reports suggested that the phone might be called the OnePlus 3 Plus or the OnePlus 3s, but a recent post made by a OnePlus designer on Weibo suggests that the phone might be called the OnePlus 3T.

There has been no official information that OnePlus is even working on a new variant of the phone. OnePlus has said in the past that they will be launching just one flagship device in a year, but according to a GizmoChina report, the company is facing a huge backlog of OnePlus 3 orders that they have been unable to fulfill because of a shortage in supply of AMOLED displays. The report had added that the new version of the phone might feature an LCD panel display instead.

However, OnePlus CEO, Carl Pei recently tweeted out saying that “OnePlus will be staying with Optic AMOLED displays for the foreseeable future.” The new variant of the OnePlus 3 is rumoured to be launched within the coming weeks.

Other rumours around the device suggest that the new phone will be running an Oxygen OS based on the Android 7.0 nougat out of the box. There is also the possibility that OnePlus will be replacing the Snapdragon 820 processor in favour of the new Snapdragon 821 SoC.

OnePlus 3 was launched in India back in June as an Amazon exclusive. The phone comes with a quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor with an Adreno 530 GPU. It was launched with a price of Rs 27,999 and comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage.

http://indianexpress.com/article/te...dragon-821-android-7-0-nougat-report-3098538/

Amazon stopped all offers for One Plus3 (exchange and citibank cash back etc..) now.

mpvelu said:
The price of One Plus 3 will be slashed then .....! I am waiting
From what i know it will be discontinued. The manufacturer has stopped production hence the decision.

From my side it is not a correct decision,instead they should have launched a midrange device like One Plus X2

One Plus just released 4 months back and bringing it's successor within this little time I feel isn't a wise move and moreover taking SD 821 wouldn't make much of performance difference,instead they should focus on OP X2 or OP4

kumarvishwas said:
From my side it is not a correct decision,instead they should have launched a midrange device like One Plus X2

One Plus just released 4 months back and bringing it's successor within this little time I feel isn't a wise move and moreover taking SD 821 wouldn't make much of performance difference,instead they should focus on OP X2 or OP4

They have already confirmed they wont launch midrange devices...

Back
Top Bottom