OnePlus 10 dropped in water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G two months ago. My kid accidentally dropped the phone into a bucket of water and now its not working. Though the phone came with a one year warranty, the company warranty policy says this will not be covered in that. What can I do about this? Is my phone beyond repair now? Any advise?

Yes official warranty doesn't cover accident drop in water but paid service will be available in OnePlus service centre as well as other private service centre

As per One plus support support answer - regarding phone getting dropped in significant water- they advice to contact after sales service - one plus service center for assistance . they have not mentioned service charge - may be depends on damage on mobile parts requiring repair . ask them to assess repair cost after checking they would tell the repair service charge if reasonable use same . if felt the repair cost asked it costly you could go for 3rd party repair service center.

the above mentioned (out of warranty) one plus spare parts price mentioned in one plus site.

I bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G two months ago. My kid accidentally dropped the phone into a bucket of water and now its not working. Though the phone came with a one year warranty, the company warranty policy says this will not be covered in that. What can I do about this? Is my phone beyond repair now? Any advise?
Hi, so sorry to hear that. These things are bound to happen with kids around. I have had a similar experience, but when I purchased my OnePlus 9T, I had also bought an add-on OnePlus Care which came with accidental damage protection plan. This turned out to be a saviour for me, else I would have had to buy a new phone and discard my OnePlus phone. For now, you can try taking it to a OnePlus repair centre and get it checked. But for future, please keep this in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock