Not playing IPL affecting performance of Pakistan team in T20 cricket: Mickey Arthur

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Mickey Arthur, who was recently appointed as the chief coach of the Pakisani cricket team, reckons that not playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) could be the reason behind the struggle of Pakistani players in T20 cricket.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Arthur, who is one of the most renowned coaches in the world, said that the players grow a lot by playing in different leagues and Pakistani cricketers have the disadvantage of not playing in India's premier T20 tournament.

"You learn such a lot from franchise cricket tournaments and I think that could be playing a large role. Yes it is probably right that not playing in the IPL could be affecting the performances of the Pakistan team in the 20 over format," he said.

Pakistani players were part of the inaugural season of the tournament in 2008, but following the Mumbai terror attacks the same year, the Indian government restricted their participation in the tournament from next season onwards.

In 2010, for a change, even though Pakistani players were up for auction, none of the franchises bid for them.

Although Pakistani umpires, commentators and coaches feature in the cash-rich tournament, none of the cricketers have been allowed to play since 2008.

Not playing in IPL could be affecting performances of Pakistan team in T20 cricket: Mickey Arthur | Zee News

And the truth comes out :shy:shy
I am waiting for PCB or others to thrash him for saying this :D:D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock