• Views Views: Views 1,600

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
nokia-150312.jpg

If a report from The Verge is to be believed, Nokia is currently working on a 6-inch Windows Phone 8 phablet. Citing sources familiar with Nokia's plans, the report says, the device is being developed under a codename "Bandit", and will come with a 1080p display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor.

According to the report, the 6-inch Nokia phablet will come with a 20 megapixel rear camera, with a slight hump at the rear of the device.

The device will have a polycarbonate body, and is expected to be thin and lightweight. It is likely to be unveiled later this year.

"Microsoft is currently improving Windows Phone to support devices like the Bandit, with extra changes for 1080p displays, and an additional column of Live Tiles on the Start screen," says the report.

Nokia working on a 6-inch Windows Phone 8 phablet: Report

Tech Info said:
6 inch screen with 20 MP camera , Good combination.
Tech bro did you know about the secret of Mega-Pixels ,According to me even today most of the mobiles with 2 MP or 3MP camera with price range of Rs.3000 to 5000 and these companies are not updating the MP of camera's in these mobile without few one's.

My idea is to say that the user don't know whether how accuracy in these pixels and making the mobile much costlier ,We can shoot HD movie with 5MP to 8MP camera if pixels are Genuine.CMOS lens bhild camera's are much better then CCD its my point of view thanks ;)

jenius-jatt said:
Tech bro did you know about the secret of Mega-Pixels ,According to me even today most of the mobiles with 2 MP or 3MP camera with price range of Rs.3000 to 5000 and these companies are not updating the MP of camera's in these mobile without few one's.

My idea is to say that the user don't know whether how accuracy in these pixels and making the mobile much costlier ,We can shoot HD movie with 5MP to 8MP camera if pixels are Genuine.CMOS lens bhild camera's are much better then CCD its my point of view thanks ;)

Mega pixels just shows the number of pixels you can get in an image.
for example this 20MP camera will produce 20 million pixels. the more there is pixels the more detail picture you get..but it does not mean you will get better quality with more mega pixels.
In a full hd 1080p video , there are 1920*1080=2073600 pixels which is
Roughly a 2 mp camera ..
but enhancing video resolution is a difficult task so 1080p video is not so cheap...

Nokia 'Bandit' Windows Phone with 6-inch full-HD display, 20-megapixel camera

Nokia seems to be bitten by the phablet bug and is reportedly working on a 6-inch phablet.
The Verge has claimed that the Finnish handset manufacturer is currently testing a 6-inch device running an updated version of Windows Phone. The site further claims that the company has code-named the device as 'Bandit' and it is expected to include a full-HD (1080p) display and will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor.
However, the device may not be unveiled before Microsoft rolls out the GDR3 update to Windows Phone. Microsoft is expected to release the GDR3 update for Windows Phone 8 soon which will enable support for quad-core processors and full-HD displays on the Windows Phone platform.
The report also notes that the Nokia Bandit phablet will ship with a 20-megapixel rear camera and also suggests that the device may borrow the rear panel features of the Nokia Lumia 925 to accommodate the camera. It also asserts that the Lumia phablet will be sleek and light in weight and would come with a polycarbonate body.
Microsoft's GDR3 update is due for launch later this year and is expected to improve some of the features already present in Windows Phone. The Verge lists some changes that are expected with the roll out of the GDR3 update. In addition to the features listed above, Windows Phone GDR3 update is expected to bring an additional column of Live Tiles on the Start screen, rotation lock, minor UI tweaks and a new Driving Mode option, the report notes.
Previously, purported picture of Nokia Lumia phablet's front panel was leaked online. However, not much was known about the device in terms of specifications. With the first set of specifications leaking out, we can expect to hear more on the device soon.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-bandit-windows-phone-with-6-inch-full-hd-display-20-megapixel-camera-in-the-works-report-408010?pfrom=gadgetsfeatured

Back
Top Bottom