Breaking Nokia 2 will Not get Android 9 Update

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Android 8.1 Oreo uodate in March this year was the Last Update for Nokia 2. Earlier Customer Care has confirmed that Nokia 2 will be getting Android 9 but now Admin of Nokia Community said that it will not receive Android Pie.

gsmarena-001.png

Hmd started this sh#t too. Time to ditch my 7 plus
Bro Nokia 2 is definitely not going to be able to run Pie. My Old Smartron SRT had Snapdragon 652 with 4GB Ram and still they couldn't give an update because the chipset vendor stopped supporting them. You blame HMD but why not Google? I remember for years they kept saying they will make it easy for all Android devices to support latest update. This goes back to Nexus days. The simple fact is that as technology improves it becomes harder for older devices to get updates. There's no way any phone will get continuous updates for years even if they have good specs.

Bro Nokia 2 is definitely not going to be able to run Pie. My Old Smartron SRT had Snapdragon 652 with 4GB Ram and still they couldn't give an update because the chipset vendor stopped supporting them. You blame HMD but why not Google? I remember for years they kept saying they will make it easy for all Android devices to support latest update. This goes back to Nexus days. The simple fact is that as technology improves it becomes harder for older devices to get updates. There's no way any phone will get continuous updates for years even if they have good specs.
I believe once a manufacturer promises something, they should not backtrack. If they know it's not feasible, then they should not promise at all. Period. Motorola started doing this sh#t initially and see where they are now...

I believe once a manufacturer promises something, they should not backtrack. If they know it's not feasible, then they should not promise at all. Period. Motorola started doing this sh#t initially and see where they are now...
I'll take my own mobile phone brand as an example. They promised 2 major updates during the launch but failed to do so because the chipset vendor dropped the support. Even if the brand wants to do it there's no support for them. You're 100% correct about the feasibility part. I just don't understand why they do that. Smartron is a dead brand now and their forum is full of abuses thanks to them not delivering the promise. I was hoping an Indian brand would able to finally take on the Chinese and i was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock