Nimbus wins first arbitration claim against BCCI

• Thread starter Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5
  • Views Views: Views 965

Deepu

Banned
Reaction score
Nimbus has won its first arbitration claim against the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) relating to the default on payment for supply of OB equipment and technical services.

It has been learnt that Nimbus has been awarded Rs 10.5 crore (Rs 105 million) in addition to Rs 750,000 in legal fees.

Declining to provide a lot of details, a Nimbus official confirmed that the judgment had gone in his company’s favour.

In 2012, Nimbus had filed three arbitration claims against the BCCI after the Indian cricket regulator terminated its contract for broadcast rights in 2011. At the end of last week, the arbitrator passed a judgment in favour of Nimbus in the first claim.

The first claim was that the BCCI defaulted on its payment for supply of OB equipment and technical services. The BCCI’s counter claims were dismissed.

The second claim is that the BCCI defaulted on payments for television production. For this, Nimbus has claimed Rs 14.5 crore (Rs 145 million) with accumulated interest. The claim is expected to be settled by the end of the year.

The third arbitration claim is for termination of Nimbus’ media rights agreement with the BCCI. For this, the claim is Rs 4,000 crore (Rs 40 billion).

The third arbitration claim is expected to be settled sometime in April-May 2015.

Nimbus wins first arbitration claim against BCCI | TelevisionPost.com

So its proved that Nimbus not defaulted with the money it is BCCI who awarded everything to STAR SPORTS.

Anirudha said:
So its proved that Nimbus not defaulted with the money it is BCCI who awarded everything to STAR SPORTS.

No.Bro you didn't undersood it.
Earlier Nimbus was producing BCCI domestic matches and intl. matches at some money from BCCI.Television rights was a different deal.
They terminated both sametime.That is why it is illegal to cancel production rights.Last line it is written that television rights will be settled in 2014-15may i.e next year.

Now bcci is producing all their homematches including ipl and clt20..It isn't sold to anyone

piinku1 said:
Now bcci is producing all their homematches including ipl and clt20..It isn't sold to anyone

IMG produce IPL, don't know about CLT20 because never ever witness except 1 or 3 season :k

This my anger they terminate Nimbus contract without any valid reason similarly they terminated ZEE's contract and ban them. Now both ZEE and Nimbus fighting for pride and honor.

Now if BCCI only cares about money then why they don't allow ZEE. You said TEN don't has a money to shel, a company you can shel Rs. 100 Crore to promote a channel like Zindagi can't purchase Broadcasting rights of BCCI :u

Anirudha said:
IMG produce IPL, don't know about CLT20 because never ever witness except 1 or 3 season :k

This my anger they terminate Nimbus contract without any valid reason similarly they terminated ZEE's contract and ban them. Now both ZEE and Nimbus fighting for pride and honor.

Now if BCCI only cares about money then why they don't allow ZEE. You said TEN don't has a money to shel, a company you can shel Rs. 100 Crore to promote a channel like Zindagi can't purchase Broadcasting rights of BCCI :u
Nimbus's contract was terminated because they can't pay 32crore per match.
100cr isn't a big thing .I think star is selling this amount per match .
Zee first should bid,then we can see outcome(for icc).If Zee have so huge money,they should have acquired cricket aus.,ecb,fifa,euro and european f l rights.Theses are now much popular in india and profitable.But what they are doing,they are acquiring lower division leagues .

piinku1 said:
Nimbus's contract was terminated because they can't pay 32crore per match.
100cr isn't a big thing .I think star is selling this amount per match .
Zee first should bid,then we can see outcome(for icc).If Zee have so huge money,they should have acquired cricket aus.,ecb,fifa,euro and european f l rights.Theses are now much popular in india and profitable.But what they are doing,they are acquiring lower division leagues .

I think this article is about Production.

And I agrees with you first BCCI led ICC needs to allow every Broadcaster to compete. TEN is qualified for the bidding so let them compete don't make a excuses that they involved in ICL, Court Case and we want Idle network.... let them compete whosoever win will win.

Back
Top Bottom