• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 1,173

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Nawazuddin Siddiqui announced that he is quitting digital platforms. The actor revealed that he is not happy with what he sees and that OTT platforms have become a ‘dhanda’.

Nawazuddin further talked about why he decided to not work in shows on digital platforms and what changed post he starred in Netflix’s Sacred Games. “When I did Sacred Games for Netflix, there was an excitement and challenge around the digital medium. New talent was being given a chance Now that freshness is gone,” said the actor.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui had earlier said that OTT platforms have become a 'dhanda (racket) for big production houses'. He had also talked about why he decided to not work in shows on digital platforms. However, the actor revealed that his statement was taken out of context. He said, "I am doing a lot of films for OTT. I am sitting here because of Netflix. OTT platforms have given us all an International recognition. We get to showcase our talent there to the whole world. In my statement, I was talking about some production houses who randomnly make anything. It was taken out of context and my intention was never to say that I want to quit OTT. I just don't want to do anything that looks like a serial."

He is saying very much true. Just look at series from these so called OTT they are full of adult stuff with no story. They need to maintain standard.

He is saying very much true. Just look at series from these so called OTT they are full of adult stuff with no story. They need to maintain standard.
That’s because the OTT platforms have to fill in space with some cheap programs.Not everyone can afford million dollar debt like Netflix

That’s because the OTT platforms have to fill in space with some cheap programs.Not everyone can afford million dollar debt like Netflix
What is your defination for cheap program?
I'm not talking about money it's all about stories.
Bhai don't you think Netflix itself is the one with cheap program like Jamtara, College Romance, Laila, Karan Johar many projects and etc.
A genuine story and decent amount is enough for good stories like Apharan, Panchayat, Kota Factory, F.L.A.M.E.S, Raikar Case, Delhi Crime, Ye Meri Family, Criminal Justice, Permanent Roommate, etc.
It's not at all about money 💸

What is your defination for cheap program?
I'm not talking about money it's all about stories.
Bhai don't you think Netflix itself is the one with cheap program like Jamtara, College Romance, Laila, Karan Johar many projects and etc.
A genuine story and decent amount is enough for good stories like Apharan, Panchayat, Kota Factory, F.L.A.M.E.S, Raikar Case, Delhi Crime, Ye Meri Family, Criminal Justice, Permanent Roommate, etc.
It's not at all about money 💸
Talking purely from the perspective of someone who watches only Hindi and English webseries i cannot recall even 5 good webseries's which streamed around same time on 1 platform whether it is Netflix or Prime or Hotstar.Those who ha money streamed the famous US webseries's like Arrow,Flash and other well known old serials.That left the likes of Zee5,Voot,Sony Liv and MX player nothing to show for barring their once in a month series's in case of Sony Liv/Voot and once in a blue moon series for likes of Zee5 and lesser said about MX player the better it would be.I haven't watched a single Web series on Zee5 since State of Siege in July even though i have an annual subscription.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock