Seeking Help My Redmi TV eats up the WiFi bandwidth of my phone

Elvin Paul

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Redmi 32" Smart TV and I am using it since 2022. I have a BSNL FTTH connection with 50 Mbps bandwidth. I bought Motorola Edge 40 Neo in January 2024. Since then, I found that my internet speed on my phone on WiFi at times drops to under 1 Mbps causing the phone to be almost unusable on WiFi. And the other times, the speed is very good and stable. With rigorous troubleshooting, I found that my TV is the culprit. Whenever I'm connected to the WiFi, my speed on the phone drops to some KBps. But, I found that this issue is only with my phone as other mobile devices of my family members show only a negligible drop in the bandwidth. So, the problem is with my phone+TV association. I use WiFi calling on my phone for better signal reception and if my TV is connected to WiFi my normal calls also get affected. So, I connect TV only when it's needed and has to disable WiFi calling while watching TV. After watching, I have to disconnect WiFi and revert all the changes. This feels little awkward to me. I waited a few months for OTA updates for my TV and phone for any possibile fixes but without luck. Do let me know your thoughts and suggestions to get rid of this difficulty.

Throttle the wifi speed from router, put limit if your router console allows

If ur modem support both 2.4ghz & 5ghz means use 2.4ghz for tv & 5ghz wifi for mobile @Elvin Paul bro

Can you provide any article or YouTube tutorial to do that? I couldn't find a proper one. I use NetLink modem.

I will try that.

Sadly, my router has only 2.4 GHz support.
You are not on latest fast fiber cable may be on old copper cables,there only this problem happens,change from BSNL to other network

Can you provide any article or YouTube tutorial to do that? I couldn't find a proper one. I use NetLink modem.

I will try that.

Sadly, my router has only 2.4 GHz support.
Better to replace modem to netlink 2.4ghz & 5ghz dual support or purchase lan cable use lan cable in tv before purchase first check lan port available & support/working in ur tv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock