'My name is Lou Vincent and I am a cheat', former NZ batsman admits match-fixing

• Thread starter Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 511

Deepu

Banned
Reaction score
Disgraced former New Zealand cricketer Lou Vincent has admitted match-fixing and is prepared to accept any punishment he receives.

The 35-year-old Vincent had previously said he was co-operating with anti-corruption officials from both the International Cricket Council (ICC) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) relating to allegations of his involvement in the spot-fixing of dozens of matches.

He was charged by the ECB under their anti-corruption code last month and is expected to receive a life ban from the sport. He was also banned by the Bangladesh Cricket Board for three years for failing to report an approach from match fixers.

"My name is Lou Vincent and I am a cheat," the former top-order batsman said in a statement issued to local media on Tuesday.

"I have abused my position as a professional sportsman on a number of occasions by choosing to accept money through fixing.

'My name is Lou Vincent and I am a cheat', former NZ batsman admits match-fixing - Rediff Cricket

Back
Top Bottom