Moved from Tataplay Binge Plus Setup Box to Jio Fiber Setup box

srihariths

Reaction score
(I am not in my hometown and hence I am not posting any pics of the connection)

I was using Tataplay Binge Plus Setup Box all this time since inception and recently moved to jio fiber setup box as I already had the internet connection at my hometown. From user perspective I found many differences and hence thought of sharing the same here.

Why I had to move away from Tataplay?
1. The biggest reason was with the OTT apps auto logging off and I had to re-login most of the times. This issue I faced in apps like SunNxt, Zee5 and Sonyliv.
2. Favourite channel lists was often getting shuffled and many were removed (even when no changes were made in the EPG). Had to setup this manually many a times.
3. It was getting slow day by day and many good features like background play, options to add favourite channels directly from menu button were removed with every new update.
4. Increase in the pack prices.
5. Issues with the Chromecast as it used to get often disconnected.

What I liked in the Jio Setup Box
1. Ease of changing channels via voice assistant.
2. Universal search for content works flawlessly.
3. Picture quality is quite good and I didn't find any quality differences as my TV was 32"inch one.
4. Fairly Good recommendations of content on the home screen.

Nitpickings... What could be better in Jio Setup Box
1. UI can be more polished. On personal front, liked the tataplay UI more.
2. Sometimes, it fails to load content from voice search if searched directly from the home screen.
3. Channel results from the voice search can be improved in channels with multiple languages.
4. Scope for improvement in channel swapping.
5. My lists (watchlists) often gets removed.

Overall, I really liked the setup box and is quite user friendly. It might take sometime for elders to get accustomed but since voice search for channels works most of the times, its easier for channel swapping. Casting works well with JioHome app too. Hopefully, it remains snappier the way it is and I'm currently happy with my decision.

Congratulations.

If you want a device upgrade. Get a dedicated streaming bundles. Nowadays you get OTT bundles too. These set top boxes from companies like Jio and Tata Play comes with limitations and string attached. What's the use of when you can't even use popular services like Dailymotion and FIFA+?

Congratulations.

If you want a device upgrade. Get a dedicated streaming bundles. Nowadays you get OTT bundles too. These set top boxes from companies like Jio and Tata Play comes with limitations and string attached. What's the use of when you can't even use popular services like Dailymotion and FIFA+?
That's true. My parents only watch some regional content and news. They too wanted live channels so I felt this was the best bet compared to TP. Also it's lot cheaper.
If not for the linear channels, definitely would have gone to any streaming device.

Congratulations on your new connection
Yes, Tata Play Binge+ lags so much, initially Set top box will take 15 mins to settle down like changing of channels, loading apps.
Secondly Favorites channels are automatically removed or changed & subtitles in Amazon prime video doesn't match with video, box will behave slow day by day which is very difficult to use by elder members.
Tata Play is not the same without SKY.

I also moved from TataPlay Binge+ to JioTV STB, i had purchased TP to watch live tv over internet, but many channels not working and too slow. JioTV works well for me

Congratulations on your new connection
Yes, Tata Play Binge+ lags so much, initially Set top box will take 15 mins to settle down like changing of channels, loading apps.
Secondly Favorites channels are automatically removed or changed & subtitles in Amazon prime video doesn't match with video, box will behave slow day by day which is very difficult to use by elder members.
Tata Play is not the same without SKY.
This is the issue even I am fed up of. Now even opening apps takes too much time.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock