More rain hinders England's chances

Reaction score
The morning session was washed out for the second day in a row at Cardiff as the chances of a positive result receded further. It meant England couldn't build on the excellent stand between Alastair Cook and Jonathan Trott which currently stands at 240 for the third wicket.

The pair, who were so prolific during the Ashes, took charge for England on the third afternoon as they dominated a weak Sri Lanka attack. Cook hit his 17th Test hundred and Trott his sixth to leave the home side a chance of putting pressure on the visitors with a first-innings lead if the weather clears over the final two days.

However, Sunday morning was bleak and overcast with steady drizzle or heavier rain and the light wasn't very good either. An early lunch was taken at 12.30pm and the prospects of play improved as the sun broke through and 75 overs were scheduled to be bowled with 1.45pm start, but rained returned and the forecast for Monday isn't promising either.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2011/content/story/517130.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Match is going to its boring end. I think It will be ended with a draw.

Match is going to its boring end. I think It will be ended with a draw.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock