Mohammad Kaif to contest Lok Sabha elections

• Thread starter Thread starter superdudebuddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4
  • Views Views: Views 818
Reaction score
Mohammad Kaif to contest Lok Sabha elections

Mohammad Kaif the former India batsman, will contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Uttar Pradesh's Phulpur constituency on a Congress ticket. Kaif is one of 194 Lok Sabha candidates whose names were released by the Congress Party on March 8.

"It's my new innings and I have to take a fresh guard," Kaif was quoted as saying by Hindustan Times. "It's a honour for me that I have been named a candidate from Phulpur, a constituency once represented by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru [India's first Prime Minister].

"I have served the game with honesty and dedication and I would love to serve the society with the same zeal and enthusiasm."

Kaif, 33, is an active domestic cricketer for UP. He played the Ranji Trophy in 2013-14 and a Vijay Hazare Trophy game against Vidarbha on March 5 this year.

He last played for India in 2006, having ended his international career with 13 Tests and 125 ODIs.

India Cricket News: Mohammad Kaif to contest Lok Sabha elections | ESPN Cricinfo

OMG.. He can start new innings of his career here. Anyway he is not playing in the IPL..So he has lots of time..;);)

Already Sachin is rocking the Rajya Sabha with welfare measures topping using his MP funds and now follows another cricketer.

Congress is quite interested in cricket & film stars. Every time they strive hard to bring out someone. But this year this is not going to work.

Back
Top Bottom