Misbah-ul-Haq dropped from World Twenty20

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 1,822

SPANDAN

Reaction score
The Pakistan Cricket Board has dropped test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq as he wasn't in the preliminary list of 30 players for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.

Misbah was also not considered for the two Twenty20s against Sri Lanka last month. Mohammad Hafeez led the side in the shortest format of the game.

Kamran Akmal made the provisional list after the wicketkeeper-batsman appeared before the PCB integrity committee last week.

Akmal has not played international cricket since last year's World Cup and claimed he has a letter from the International Cricket Council that no inquiry is pending against him.

Allrounder Abdul Razzaq and opening batsman Imran Nazir, who both have not played international cricket for a while, are also on the list.

Akmal has not been selected for Pakistan since the 2011 World Cup.

His name was mentioned at the trial in England last year of three Pakistani Test players over spot-fixing allegations but he was neither summoned by the London court nor banned by the International Cricket Council (ICC).

Preliminary squad: Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad, Khalid Latif, Nasir Jamshed, Imran Nazir, Shahzaib Hasan, Awais Zia, Sharjeel Khan, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Haris Sohail, Shoaib Malik, Rameez Raja, Shahid Afridi, Hammad Azam, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Arafat, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Aizaz Cheema, Anwar Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Raza Hasan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Kamran Akmal, Shakeel Ansar.

But personally i think Misbah is the perfect for t20.. he shocked everyone ith his colossal innings in t20 worldcup in which india nearly won..

Though Misbah is not in his best form, but still dropping him from 30 men squad is questionable.
More over, Pakistan team does not have much bench strength also.

SPANDAN said:
But personally i think Misbah is the perfect for t20.. he shocked everyone ith his colossal innings in t20 worldcup in which india nearly won..

I am Agree With U Dear

Back
Top Bottom