• Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 1,217

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer plans to retire within the next 12 months to end a 14-year reign, amid speculation that Bill Gates could be the person to succeed him.

According to Fox News, shares reacted positively to the news, leaping 7.5 percent to 34.80 dollars on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Ballmer will stay in his post while the software titan searches for a successor and the company's board has formed a special committee to begin the search process, which also includes Chairman Bill Gates, the report said.

Microsoft announced that both external and internal candidates would be considered and Bill Gates is sure to have support among investors, the report added.

Meanwhile, Ballmer said in a statement that there was never a perfect time for this type of transition but he thought now was the right time, adding that a CEO for the new direction the company was taking was required for a longer term.

Early last month, Microsoft made several executive changes and a sweeping reorganization that organizes the company around eight functions, the report further said.

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to retire in 12 months - Sci/Tech - DNA

I hope someone who would hv a great vision come and replace him to change the fortunes of Microsoft forever.

umeshg729 said:
I hope someone who would hv a great vision come and replace him to change the fortunes of Microsoft forever.

there is a rumour on the net that an Indian would succeed Ballmer. :sp:sp:sp but i believe Kevin Turner have more chances. :k:k:k

i m not sure who is going to succeed him as there is 12 months time. I hv my fingers crossed to see who is going to replace him. It would not be better than that he would be replaced by an Indian. You know we are doing very good in IT industry.

if Microsoft board is ok with having an Indian as CEO then Satya Nadella (from Hyderabad) will be the next CEO... he is currently the Head of Microsoft's Cloud Computing group.

it would be great if an Indian heads the world's no.1 software giant :sp:sp:sp

India\'s Satya Nadella in running for Microsoft\'s top post after Steve Ballmer | Veooz

Satya Nadella, head of Microsoft's cloud and enterprise group, which is coming to the fore as the company struggles to catch up in online and mobile computing, is in running for the position of IT giant's new chief executive. Microsoft Corp, which set up a special committee to find a new CEO after Steve Ballmer announced his retirement on Friday, might consider Nadella from the list of top company executives that also include Tony Bates (head of business development and overall strategy), Terry Myerson (executive in charge of operating systems) and Kevin Turner (Chief Operating Officer for the last eight years). Satya Nadella and his team deliver the Cloud OS, Microsofts next generation backend platform. The Cloud OS platform not only powers all of Microsofts Internet scale cloud services (including O365, Bing, SkyDrive, Xbox Live, Skype and Dynamics) but also fuels global enterprises around the world to meet their most challenging and mission-critical computing needs. Today, businesses everywhere depend on the products that make up the Cloud OS, including Windows Azure, Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio and System Center. Previously, Nadella was president of Microsofts $19 billion Server and Tools Business and led the transformation of the business and technology from client-server software to cloud infrastructure and services. Prior roles include senior vice president of R&D for the Online Services Division and vice president of the Microsoft Business Division. Before joining Microsoft in 1992, Nadella was a member of the technology staff at Sun Microsystems.

She has got the skills n experience to get on the top of the mountain.

Back
Top Bottom