• Views Views: Views 970

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
MapmyIndia-Locate-App.jpg

Well known Indian navigation services provider MapmyIndia has announced a new people tracking app which it calls ‘Locate’. This app is currently available for Android and it helps keeping track of friends and family members in real-time.

The app allows the user to add three people to their locate list and it will then track them in real-time on a map displayed on the screen. It uses GPS, Wi-Fi or cell tower triangulation to pinpoint the exact location of the person the user is tracking. The app will further send the user updates on the person it is tracking with every new check-in and when he/she moves for 500 meters.

Though the app automatically makes the user discoverable by default, one has the freedom to set it off or choose which day or at what particular time one wants to be discovered. It also includes an archive feature which allows the app to store an individual’s locations from the last five days.

MapmyIndia-Locate-App-Screenshots.jpg

It certainly seems a great app for those who want to track their children or particular family members. However, it kind of freaks me out as I mostly try to be as “undiscoverable” as possible with my friends. Regardless, it might just work out for a few people.

The app is currently available for Android users via the Google Play Store. Those who do not use an Android device can navigate to locate.mapmyindia.com on their phone’s browser to start stalking (sorry tracking).

http://gigjets.com/07/0606-mapmyind...ts-you-track-friends-and-family-in-real-time/

Back
Top Bottom