• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 589

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
Mahendra Singh Dhoni awaits maiden T20I fifty

dhoni-640-nz-preview.jpg

New Delhi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni is unarguably one of India's finest finisher in the shortest format. However, the devastating middle-order batsman would like to change one little piece of statistic during the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup in Bangladesh.

Dhoni is yet to score his maiden half-century in T20 Internationals having featuring in 43 of the 46 matches that India has played so far. Dhoni's aggregate of 772 runs is most by any batsman without a fifty in this format. His highest score is 48 not out against Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Dhoni has mainly batted at No 5 or 6 (13 times each) in this format of the game. More often than not, he has walked out towards the end of the innings and has had very little time to bring up the personal milestone.

In the list of most runs without a single half century, Dhoni is followed by South African all-rounder Albie Morkel (521 runs), Gary Wilson (Ireland, 510 runs) and the prolific Hashim Amla (413 runs).

Australia's wicketkeeper-batsman Brad Haddin (373) and West Indian captain Darren Sammy (347) are also in that top-10 list.

New Zealand's Brendon McCullum with 1959 runs to his credit from 64 T20 Internationals, is the highest scorer in this format. He is followed by Lankan legend Mahela Jayawardene with 1335 runs to his credit. There are no Indian batsmen in the list of 13 players who have scored 1000-plus runs in T20 internationals, with Gautam Gambhir being India's highest scorer in the format with 932 runs in 32 matches. Hero of India's 2007 World T20 and 2011 World Cup triumph, Yuvraj Singh (868 runs) and Suresh Raina (859 runs) are second and third respectively, in the list of highest scorers among Indian batsmen.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock