Luiz expects attacking approach

Reaction score
Defender David Luiz expects to form part of an 'attack-minded' Chelsea side under new manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Having ended the 2010/11 campaign empty-handed, it has been all change this summer in the Stamford Bridge dugout.

With Carlo Ancelotti ushered through the exit, 33-year-old former Porto coach Villas-Boas has been drafted in and charged with the task of turning Chelsea's fortunes around.

He needs no introduction to the club or the demands of owner Roman Abramovich having formed part of Jose Mourinho's backroom staff during his time with the Blues.
The Portuguese arrives with a glowing reputation, following his success at Porto, and is known to favour an adventurous approach.

That philosophy is likely to go down well with the Chelsea squad and their supporters, with Brazilian centre-half Luiz admitting that he cannot wait to see what Villas-Boas has to offer.

The former Benfica defender said: "I have spoken to my friends back in Portugal and I hear the same thing from everyone.

"They all say how Andre is very hands-on with the players and he gets his point across from day one.

"That is very positive at a club that dreams of titles. I've not worked under Mourinho, but my friends say Villas-Boas is more attack-minded.

"Perhaps that signifies a change in system for Chelsea in the new season."

Follow Chelsea in the run up to the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong this July on the official tournament page www.facebook.com/BarclaysAsiaTrophy.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2385653,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock