Lenovo to Integrate its Smartphone Section into Moto Brand

• Thread starter Thread starter santosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 6
  • Views Views: Views 953

santosh

Banned
Reaction score
The Chinese multinational company Lenovo is well known for making Laptops and Smartphones is headquartered in China, and the U.S. Lenovo acquired Motorola from Google recently, and rumors are circulating that the company might change its name and use the Moto branding for its devices in the future. There were rumors earlier also about the cancellation of the Lenovo Mobile brand, and the latest news is backing up the same point.

According to the leaks, the Lenovo mobile division would not release Smartphone’s under its name, and it will be falling under the Moto brand. We do not know the reason behind this decision but looks like it is likely to be happening. Moreover, the source also hints that Lenovo Vibe P2 which is to be launched on November 8th in China alongside the Moto M might be the last Lenovo branded phone.

This means we are not going to hear the name of Lenovo associated with phones and all the upcoming devices will be pushed with Moto branding. Although this rumor has to be confirmed officially so, we need to take these with a grain of salt. We have to wait and see if Lenovo is planning to announce about this in their next meet-up which is scheduled on November 8th.

Recently the company has unveiled the Vibe P2 at the Chinese trade fair, and the successor of the Vibe P1 will feature a 5.5-inch AMOLED display and will be powered by a Snapdragon octa-core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. Moreover there a large 5000 mAh battery promises to give two days of charge with moderate usage. There is a fingerprint sensor embedded onto the physical home button.

Coming to the Moto M, it will also feature a 5.5-inch FHD display without the AMOLED panel, and there is a fingerprint sensor on the rear to enhance the security levels. There is a 16MP camera sensor that comes with LED flash and laser autofocus, which is accompanied with 8MP camera on the front. To power the device there is a 3000 mAH of battery and will come out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is likely to receive Nougat update soon.

So what do you think of this name change strategy from Lenovo? Comment in the section below and stay tuned

Lenovo to Integrate its Smartphone Section into Moto Brand » PhoneRadar

That would be good actually, one service center and more focus on the same brand instead of working on two different brands from same company.

Bapun Raz said:
That would be good actually, one service center and more focus on the same brand instead of working on two different brands from same company.

Motorola was a better name rather than Moto
Lots of loyal Motorola fans like me think that lenovo ruined iconic Motorola brand

santosh said:
Motorola was a better  name rather than Moto
Lots of loyal Motorola fans like me think that lenovo ruined iconic Motorola brand

That is very true, i myself said the same as well.

Those uk and Vibe brands came under Lenovo, so merged with Moto.

I'm very much worried with the decision. Already the Moto line had become so convoluted. Now if lenovo phones are also sold with Moto name, it'd be really confusing. BTW, the service centers are already merged. Now Moto service is also done in lenovo service center only. The b2x guys are no more.

Back
Top Bottom