Laxman wants to bat higher up the order

Napster

Reaction score
Veteran batsman V.V.S. Laxman Tuesday said he would like to bat higher in the upcoming away Test series with the West Indies, but left the decision to the team management.Laxman, who bats at No.5, also said that he would love to score a century at Lord's with India winning the match to make it a "special" experience.

In all likelihood, the stylish Hyderabadi will get a chance to bat up the order with three top order batsmen Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Sachin Tendulkar missing the Caribbean Test series beginning June 20.

"I will love to bat higher in the batting order but it again depends on the pitch conditions and the strategy we have for that particular Test," said Laxman, who left for West Indies Tuesday.

Later, as India kick-off their four-Test series against England July 21, Laxman will get the opportunity to score a ton at the "home of cricket" at Lord's.

"I never got a 100 in England. It would be very special if I get a 100 at Lord's and India win the match," Laxman said. He has been named vice-captain of India's Test side for the West Indies tour.

"It is a proud feeling to be the vice-captain. I have always tried to give my best in the interest of the team," he said.

Laxman, known all around the world for his wristy strokeplay, has represented India in 120 Tests, scoring 7,903 runs at an average of 47.32.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock