Lasith Malinga fined for outburst ..

Sai Jai

Reaction score
Sri Lanka Cricket found Lasith Malinga to have breached his contract and fined him half of his match fee on Tuesday (June 26) after he criticised Sports Minister Dayasiri Jayasekara.

In response to the minister's criticism that Sri Lanka's bowlers were unfit, Malinga had lashed out at him and had called him a 'monkey'. "I heard the Sports Minister had told that the players are overweight. We have reached five World Cup finals. In order to get cheap popularity people may say things, but I would like to ask what have they done for the sport," Malinga had said.

"The finding were subsequently reported to the Executive Committee, who imposed a sentence of one year suspension, suspended by six months (whereby the punishment would be imposed in the event of a similar infraction within the stipulated six month period) and a 50 percent fine of his next ODI match fee," the release said.

Lasith Malinga fined for outburst - Cricbuzz

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock