Sad News Kolkata Metro Passenger Dies As Train Takes Off With Hand Stuck In Door

Pallab501

Reaction score
Kolkata:
A Kolkata metro passenger died on Saturday after his hand got stuck in the train door. The incident took place in the evening around 6:40 pm at the Park Street metro station. The man was trying to board the train and was on the platform outside when his hand got stuck. The door, equipped with sensors, is believed to have malfunctioned.

The man, identified as Sajal Kumar Kanjilal, was taken to a hospital nearby where he was declared brought dead. He was 66 and a resident of south Kolkata. A high-level inquiry into the incident has been ordered and an inquiry committee has been set up by metro authorities.

Kolkata Metro Passenger Dies As Train Takes Off With Hand Stuck In Door

Last edited:
Sad news. RIP. I am sorry to say that Kolkata metro is worst maintained now a days compared to other metros of India. When our Honb CM was the railway minister things were different. I must say that the current rail minister must try to take initiative and make Kolkata metro as glorious as it was before. I saw the news yesterday at ABP Ananda and was feeling really sad and depressed. I thank @Pallab501 bro for sharing the news though it's really a heart breaking one.

Sad news. RIP. I am sorry to say that Kolkata metro is worst maintained now a days compared to other metros of India. When our Honb CM was the railway minister things were different. I must say that the current rail minister must try to take initiative and make Kolkata metro as glorious as it was before. I saw the news yesterday at ABP Ananda and was feeling really sad and depressed. I thank @Pallab501 bro for sharing the news though it's really a heart breaking one.
Kolkata metro comes under state government right. Not just Kolkata, all metros are managed by respective state govt. So now we should blame your CM only.

Only Kolkata Metro comes under Ministry of Railway as a Railway Zone while other Metros comes under Ministry of Urban Development, their respective State Government & Private Company.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock