Jio VoLTE and VoNR in foreign phone models?

• Thread starter Thread starter sudhakar35gm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 432

sudhakar35gm

Reaction score
If a original Samsung phone (assume A55) is bought unlocked naturally (not operator locked) from the U.S* and if it supports Jio's 4G and 5G frequencies, will the following work in the above phone? :
> 4G VoLTE and 4G video calls
> 5G VoNR and 5G mobile data
> jio's unlimited 5G?

* means : when used in India after buying from the U.S

I have a Flip 4 and iPhone 13 Pro Max bought from the USA.

iPhone has both VoLTE and 5G mobile data. I haven't seen VoNR yet but I think that will be available as and when it releases in India. I've never seen 4G video calls on the iPhone because there's facetime instead.

The Flip 4 on the other hand only has 4G VoLTE. 5G Outright doesn't work on it because it doesn't have the necessary Indian bands.

So iPhones bought anywhere will work anywhere in the world. This statement is not necessarily true for Android phones..

I have a Flip 4 and iPhone 13 Pro Max bought from the USA.

iPhone has both VoLTE and 5G mobile data. I haven't seen VoNR yet but I think that will be available as and when it releases in India. I've never seen 4G video calls on the iPhone because there's facetime instead.

The Flip 4 on the other hand only has 4G VoLTE. 5G Outright doesn't work on it because it doesn't have the necessary Indian bands.

So iPhones bought anywhere will work anywhere in the world. This statement is not necessarily true for Android phones..
I didn't ask about iphones.

See the section 'Network / bearer' in this page of Samsung A55 U.S :

It supports 4G 850, 1800 2300 and 5G 700, 3500 MHz bands of jio India.

iPhone has both VoLTE and 5G mobile data. I haven't seen VoNR yet but I think that will be available as and when it releases in India.
I am getting VoNR, it's available in India.

I didn't ask about iphones.

See the section 'Network / bearer' in this page of Samsung A55 U.S :

It supports 4G 850, 1800 2300 and 5G 700, 3500 MHz bands of jio India.
It should work. Motorola phones from US work flawlessly here in India. No CA. But Wifi reception, VoLTE works. 4G/5G also pretty good.

It should work. Motorola phones from US work flawlessly here in India. No CA. But Wifi reception, VoLTE works. 4G/5G also pretty good.
Hey. I mean is unlimited 5G offer working in the foreign models?. I saw somewhere that it is applicable only for handsets bought in india.

Hey. I mean is unlimited 5G offer working in the foreign models?. I saw somewhere that it is applicable only for handsets bought in india.
Yes, it's working. Dubai Samsung Ultra models are enjoying unlimited 5G since two years. S24U is at 85-89K INR for 512GB. S23U is at 55-60K INR for 512GB.

Back
Top Bottom