Breaking Jio Fiber STB Software Update

Yep. Finally.

Have you upgraded your STB to 4K?

It looks like newer Jio users are being given 4K STBs.

I am planning to call up Jio and demand for the 4K STB.
STB that they are providing is already a 4k ready STB, everyone is getting that only (both existing and new customers), there is no discrepancies in the STBs.

STB that they are providing is already a 4k ready STB, everyone is getting that only (both existing and new customers), there is no discrepancies in the STBs.
Wrong.

My STB is NOT 4K.

The Resolution Settings of my STB maxes out at 1080p.

Different STB models provided by Jio at different points in time have different Resolution Settings. I am a relatively old customer. My father bought our Jio Fiber connection during the early stages of trial run, in May 2019. As such, we were provided with the STB as immediately as Jio Fiber introduced paid plans. Meaning, my STB is one among Jio's earliest STB models. Hence the resolution restriction. They had not started rolling out 4K STBs at that point. I am more than sure, that there are a bunch of older Jio Fiber users like me here, whose STBs aren't 4K compatible. We had already discussed about it in detail in other threads of this Jio Fiber forum. One can still read those threads if they have the patience to scour through the myriad of threads in the Jio Fiber forum.

P.S:
My TV is 4K, which supports HDR 10. So, there is no way that my Jio STB is secretly 4K.

For context, I am quoting a related post, from a thread that was created today. My STB looks like the smaller one from the bottommost picture in this post.
These are the exclusive pics of upcoming Jio 4k STB. Maybe with this box livetv feature will be enabled.

Currently, these are the STB's provided by Jio
Small one 1080p
Big one - 4k

Wrong.

My STB is NOT 4K.

Different STB models provided by Jio at different points in time have different Resolution Settings. I am a relatively old customer. My father bought our Jio Fiber connection during the early stages of trial run, in May 2019. As such, we were provided with the STB as immediately as Jio Fiber introduced paid plans. Meaning, my STB is one among Jio's earliest STB models. Hence the resolution restriction. They had not started rolling out 4K STBs at that point. I am more than sure, that there are a bunch of older Jio Fiber users like me here, whose STBs aren't 4K compatible. We had already discussed about it in detail in other threads of this Jio Fiber forum. One can still read those threads if they have the patience to scour through the myriad of threads in the Jio Fiber forum.

P.S:
My TV is 4K, which supports HDR 10. So, there is no way that my Jio STB is secretly 4K.
Jio fiber Provided 4K STB frm the Beginning..there was no 1080p stb

Jio fiber Provided 4K STB frm the Beginning..there was no 1080p stb
Wrong again. I just explained why, in detail, along with even a quoted post from today, with a picture depicting the fact.

Wrong.

My STB is NOT 4K.

P.S:
I'm one of those who got STB in early stages (December 2019), I can run 4k contents through YouTube with this STB. Maybe they have come up with the new model of the STB, but the STBs provided earlier are also 4k supported.

I'm one of those who got STB in early stages (December 2019), I can run 4k contents through YouTube with this STB. Maybe they have come up with the new model of the STB, but the STBs provided earlier are also 4k supported.
Nope.

The post I have quoted above, posted by @Gopi27 today, clearly shows the 2 types of STBs currently provided by Jio. And he has clearly mentioned that the smaller ones are 1080p STBs. Those were the ones provided to some of the older customers. They are most definitely NOT 4K.

Let me pull some assistance in:

@Gopi27
@Nilu334
@Vadirocks
@Ashok Varma
@Guri
@Saichaitanya4496
@Jagadeesh
@Anish Pai

Apologies for the unsolicited tagging.

Could you please weigh in on this subject?

Nope.

The post I have quoted above, posted by @Gopi27 today, clearly shows the 2 types of STBs currently provided by Jio. And he has clearly mentioned that the smaller ones are 1080p STBs. Those were the ones provided to some of the older customers. They are most definitely NOT 4K.

Let me pull some assistance in:

@Gopi27
@Nilu334
@Vadirocks
@Ashok Varma
@Guri
@Saichaitanya4496
@Jagadeesh
@Anish Pai

Apologies for the unsolicited tagging.

Could you please weigh in on this subject?
New stb...not 4k..only full hd...

This site mentions the jio STB models, JCM20211 models are HD and not 4K .... mine is HD version too. still no netflix.. :'(
Yep. That's the one I have too. I received it in late 2019 when Jio changed the complimentary free plans to paid plans. I still haven't gotten around to asking Jio for a replacement STB with 4K capability (also called as being lazy) :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock