Jalandhar banks request service of retired employees to manage after demonetisation

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
As crowds swelled on the second day after the Centre de-monetised Rs 500 and Rs 1000 face valued currency, banks are not turning to their retired hands to help them manage customers. “We contacted our recently retired employees to come and provide their services for some time till everything settled,”said Anil Kumar, assistant manager of a Canara Bank branch, adding that they would be given incentives for their services.

However, retired employees were not sure of taking up the offer.

“Several former bankers from our branch did not show any interest to provide their services to tackle this problem,” said an officer of the Punjab National Bank.

And some others have sought some time to think over the proposal.

“I was contacted by my bank to serve it for some time and they offered good incentive too. I am mulling over whether to accept it or not,” said Pawan Kumar, a recent retiree from the Bank of India.

“On an average cashiers used hand out 40 to 50 payments daily. For the past two days this has swelled to almost five to six times the usual number,” said an officer at Punjab National Bank.

Even on the second day when there was no relief from the long queue of people. Meanwhile ATMs, which became functional on Friday, too saw long queues.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...anage-customers-after-demonetisation-4370911/

Bank employees continue working 8 am to 8 pm in last 2 days...also lot of work pressure.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock