• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 951

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
New Delhi: He may have lost his opening slot to little-known Mumbaikar Paul Valthaty in this edition of the Indian Premier League, but big-hitting Australian Shaun Marsh isn`t complaining.

It`s not the Kings XI Punjab skipper Adam Gilscrist or inaugural edition`s Orange Cap winner Marsh hogging the limelight in the fourth edition, but the 27-year-old Valthaty, who ensured two consecutive wins for the Punjab team courtesy his swashbuckling knocks that earned him back-to-back man of the match awards.

"Paul is batting really well in this season and he is a fantastic player. He has done well for the Punjab team in the last two games which helped us secure two subsequent wins. He put us in a winning position in the last two games. I am looking forward towards watching him bat again," Marsh told reporters.

Marsh received the Orange Cap for scoring most runs in the 2008 IPL tournament as an opener. Despite missing the opening four games of the tournament, the Australian was the leading run scorer in the first edition of the Twenty20 league.

Marsh said he is happy with his present batting slot and is looking to make a comeback into the Australian one-day squad with his good show for the Kings XI in the IPL.

"I had a great first IPL and had a lot of fun. I had few injuries which somewhat made my ride a little bumpy one. I am confident that I can find the same rhythm and body right this time. Playing and performing at the highest level consistently is what I am aiming for.”

"I am feeling pretty good at the moment. It was a bit frustrating (getting injured) but you can`t do much with the injury situation. Obviously, if I perform well in the IPL, then it will help me win back my place in the Australian team. If I score few runs, then I will be in their scheme of things," said the left-hander.

Marsh said his ultimate dream is to play Test cricket for Australia.

"It`s my dream to play Test cricket for Australia. Wearing the baggy green is an ultimate for any Australian cricketer. My aim is to keep working hard and keep scoring runs and I am sure I will make it to the Test squad."

Marsh also endorsed Michael Clarke as a "strong leader" and feels that a new era in Australian cricket beckons under his leadership.

"Michael Clarke is a great player and a great leader. He is going to be a fantastic captain for Australia for a long period of time. I am sure he is going to re-build the side," he said.

PTI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock