• Thread starter Thread starter kumarvishwas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11
  • Views Views: Views 1,789

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
ISRO launches IRNSS-1G to complete own navigational satellite system

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Thursday launched PSLV-C33 to place India's seventh and final navigation satellite IRNSS-1G in the orbit from Andhra Pradesh's Sriharikota island today.

The launch of the four-stage Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) took place at 12:50 p.m. from Satish Dhawan Space Centre here.

The 54-hour countdown for the launch of ISRO work horse began at 9.20 a.m. on Tuesday. The satellite with a design life span of 12 years has two payloads for navigation and ranging.

Till date, ISRO has launched six regional navigational satellites (IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C, ID, 1E and 1F) as part of a constellation of seven satellites to provide accurate position information service to users across the country and the region.

IRNSS-1F was launched on the ISRO's trusted PSLV C32 on March 10.

During the countdown, propellant filling operations would be taken up in the four-stage vehicle.

ISRO launches IRNSS-1G to complete own navigational satellite system

shawl_who said:
India becomes d 3rd country to have its own GPS system :clap :ohya

No bro 5th country .. Allready USA , Russia , china & EU having own GPS :) .. France & Japan are developing :) ..

Sai Jai said:
No bro 5th country .. Allready USA , Russia , china & EU having own GPS :) .. France & Japan are developing :) ..
Only US military, Russia and China's Satellite navigation is operational so we are fourth as Europe, Japan are still in development stage

Sarkar said:
Only US military, Russia and China's Satellite navigation is operational so we are fourth as Europe, Japan are still in development stage
I heard we are in 5th in news[emoji6] ..

Sai Jai said:
I heard we are in 5th in news[emoji6] ..
Europe's Galileo system require 30 satellites but only 10 is in orbit. It will be operational by 2020

amarnathkvk said:
@sarkar or @Laxman bro can you explain how this works :shy I mean why we need 7 satelite how it work

bro as of now we are using USA satellite's for fulfill our navigation system but today we acheived our own navigation system by this sat launching :ohya .. totally we need 7 satellite's to fulfill our navigation system as per our landscape .. And this is the 7th satellite .. Each satellite placed in certain position in our orbit and each carries some navigation capacity .. And bro take example u driving car to reach vellore from banglore means for that u may navigate the map with the help of GPS in your car as i told before each sat carries certain landscape capacity so u reached one sat max.sat capacity means it automatically transfer ur details to another sat (1 of the 7 sats) by this cycle u can know travel through our country from anywhere to anywhere :) .. This is the working method bro :) ..

amarnathkvk said:
@sarkar or @Laxman bro can you explain how this works :shy I mean why we need 7 satelite how it work
To know one's position exactly he require 3 or more satellites. Other systems of USA, Russia, Europe and China have Global coverage so it requires more satellites whereas our System is Regional i.e only Indian Subcontinent Our range is 1500 km from Indian border so it only requires 7.

At the time of Kargil war Indian Govt ask USA's help to get GPS coordinate of Pak soldiers so that Indian Airforce can strike at those target but USA govt declined at that time so Indian Govt decided to built Desi system as foreign system will not be available during war. Now it's completed

Back
Top Bottom