• Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11
  • Views Views: Views 467

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Say goodbye to passwords and hello to Passkeys – a secure and hassle-free way to log in to our forum!

What are Passkeys? 🔑

Passkeys are a secure replacement for passwords and second-factor authentication. They come in various forms, from physical devices like Yubikeys to biometric authentication built into your phone or computer. Passkeys offer an extra layer of security and are extremely easy to set up and use.

How does it work?​

With our new Passwordless login feature, logging in is easier than ever. Simply tap "Log in using: Passkey" on the login page and follow your device's prompts. No need to enter your password or even your username – it's that simple!

Setting up Passwordless login 🔓

RtHLY7I.jpeg

• Under "Your Passkeys," tap on "Add Passkey."
kc0IlWV.jpeg

• Follow the on-device prompts to set up your Passkey.
7pqVtIo.jpeg

lEiDDfY.png

Once setup is complete, your Passkey will be displayed on the Password and Security page, where you can also rename, delete, or add multiple Passkeys.

BqdUKDS.png

Try out the convenience and security of Passwordless Logins by setting up your Passkey now!

Nothing happens when I click on "Add Passkey" on Win11 Chrome - no extensions or blockers...

Passkeys work for other sites like google/gmail itself though. Any ideas what is the issue for me?

I get this error in browser console:

Code:
DOMException: The operation either timed out or was not allowed. See: https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn-2/#sctn-privacy-considerations-client.

@vishalrao bro, I tried adding a passkey using my device and it went fine. Something is blocking it with your setup.

OK, I got it to work, but not straightforward manner... maybe admins/others can note this for reference.

So my email ID on this site is hotmail.com and I was using Chrome browser. I used Edge browser and was able to create the passkey on Win11.

Both browsers are logged in to both my hotmail and gmail accounts FYI. Note that I did not face issue creating passkey for my gmail using Chrome, so I don't think it's issue on my side, maybe some config/options on onlytech server side?

After creating the passkey in Edge browser, after that I am able to log out and re login on Chrome browser using passkey, it pops up the Windows hello (I have IR cam face recognition) dialog and I get logged in successfully.

Back
Top Bottom