• Thread starter Girish
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 746

Girish

Contributor
Reaction score
ZPZatVG.jpg

Is it readded :huh: because as per I Know it was available from longtime on Jio Tv .

This channel tried entering India thru partnership with ITV News Group but things did not come out well. Have been in touch with them on social media since last few years and asking info / getting updates periodically. At few instances they suggested plans going in right direction but in 2019 declined about having any proper deadline or roadmap.

I knew that either talks fell through mid way or they were finding it hard to partner with a local company on mutually acceptable terms thus delaying entry into India as a HD/4K channel
I gave them of idea of shelving current strategy and instead enter indian tv landscape as a service channel by directly negotiating/ collaborating with DTH operators or MSO's. This would be far easy and does not require even various permissions like licence or comply with other formalities needed for starting a satellite channel. They captured my feedback and promised to explore this option in order to mark entry into India. Channels like Shorts TV, The QYOU r doing the same, these r downlinked from satellite by operators but being provided as service channels. Only problem area is that ads are not allowed on them and Insight will have to charge subscription to run a sustainable model

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock