India has a mere 1.25 million fibre-to-the-home connections: FTTH Council

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
“India is far behind many countries in FTTH penetration today with 1.25 million connections that contributes to 0.5% of homes,” FTTH Council Asia Pacific vice president Arvind K Mishra said, adding that comparatively in China nearly 70% subscribers were grown in last one year alone. According to a report by iDate Research for the FTTH Council APAC, Singapore has 95% FTTH penetration, South Korea 82.9%, Hong Kong 71.4% and Malaysia 16.4%.

“We support Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio and ready to make them aware of global case studies and train them with relevant skillset,” Mishra added.The state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has also joined the FTTH bandwagon by introducing new Fiber to the home (FTTH) broadband plans with one of them offering download speeds up to 100Mbps in Chennai.

FTTH: India has a mere 1.25 million fibre-to-the-home connections: FTTH Council, Telecom News, ET Telecom

I am one of those FTTH user. :shy

Sarkar said:
I am one of those 99.5 % who are still on bullock cart for our digital journey  :s

Haha. Nice sarcastic comment bro.[emoji23] [emoji16]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock