I'm not only a Test bowler : Mishra

Napster

Reaction score
00067598-image.jpg

Deccan Chargers leg-spinner Amit Mishra on Saturday insisted he is a bowler good enough to bowl in all three formats of the game.

"I don't know who has said that I'm a Test bowler. I have been bowling in the IPL for the past four years and have been among the leading wicket-takers. I have been performing at all levels. I don't think I'm only a Test bowler," said Mishra after Deccan's match against Mumbai Indians.

The 28-year-old, who was ignored for the World Cup, fought his way back into the Indian team for the West Indies tour with some brilliant performance in the IPL.

Mishra said that he is happy to be back in the Indian squad and will give his best in the Caribbean.

"I always try to give my best at whatever I do. I'm happy that selectors have shown the faith in me," said the bowler, who has so far played 10 ODIs, taking only eight wickets.

Mishra was also awarded the man-of-the-match award for his all-round performance against Mumbai. He scored a quickfire 18 off just six balls and emerged with miserly figures of 1 for 18 in his four overs to help Deccan win the match by 10 runs.

Talking about the match, Mishra said Munaf Patel's last over where he conceded 23 runs was the turning point of the game.

He said: "Yes I felt that (Munaf's over) was the main point of the match. About 23 runs came of that over. We also bowled and fielded well."

The Deccan bowler was also involved in an on-field altercation with Munaf. Being asked about the argument, Mishra said: "It happens. It's not that it has never happened with me before. It is just that I have never shown my anger on the field, but today (Saturday) it got reflected."

sportal.co.in

He can bat also. He is good choice by BCCI for next tour.
His 4 fours at last four balls of Munaf patel against Mumbai Indians was treat to watch....though I am big mumbai indian fan, still I appreciate his hard work.
Best of luck mishra for west-indies tour buddy.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock