ICC approves Greater Noida stadium to host Full Member matches

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has approved the Shaheed Vijay Singh Pathik Cricket Stadium in Greater Noida to host international matches involving Full Members, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) confirmed on Friday (December 23).

Earlier this year, the stadium played host to the Duleep Trophy matches which were played as day-night games with pink ball.

The stadium, which was approved by the ICC to stage matches involving Associate members in December 2015, underwent an upgrade to fulfill the minimum requirements to host the top teams. The ICC stamped their approval following another inspection last week.

"I'm pleased to announce that the SVSP Cricket Stadium, Greater Noida is now fully compliant to host international matches with full members," Anurag Thakur, the BCCI president, said in a statement. "BCCI had organised Duleep Trophy for the first time in day-night format using the pink ball from August 23 to September 14, 2016 that tested the venue's infrastructure and facility.

"The Afghanistan national team had also used the venue for their home games earlier this year. I am confident that this approval will inspire the authorities to take this stadium to next level," he added.

ICC approves Greater Noida stadium to host Full Member matches - Cricbuzz

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock