Seeking Help How to know where our space is being used.

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't stored anything that large on C drive may be a 15 GB of media still a lot of space is being used by C drive. Is there anyway to know and clean-up ??

Capture.png

CC cleaner is my favorite cleaning app. Although in my case my C drive is always occupied with downloads, and heavy software installations. So u might want to check ur downloads and installed applications.

Bro, open setting --> system --> storage -->
You'll see what's taking up space

CAU1DRq.jpg

ayppxnh.jpg

Some tips:
Run disk cleanup --> click "clean up system files". Tick mark everything except downloads folder. You can also go to more option, under " system restore and shadow copy" click clean up. Now, go to Disk cleanup tab hit OK button.

Check downloads and document folder for large files (Make sure to enable "view hidden folders" . Some program saves files in default documents folder (which is in C drive)

Press start type %temp% hit enter. Select all and delete

You can go to "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete all the files. These are temp files. You'll find under "Temporary files" storage usage. Windows don't delete those files. But, you can.

Check recycle bin is empty

Click start --> type control panel --> enter --> Go to system --> System protection --> Click configure --> Delete --> Apply --> OK
System restore is disabled by default in windows 10 but if it is enabled you can delete those files.

Run CCleaner

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock