Hodge, Hussey to be Twenty20 rivals

Reaction score
Two of Victoria's star Twenty20 batsmen, Brad Hodge and David Hussey, are expected to line up against each other during the Big Bash League this summer. Hussey confirmed he has decided to join the Melbourne Stars, based at the MCG, while Hodge is expected to line-up for the Stars' cross-town rivals, the Renegades, who will play at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne's Docklands.

There were no major signings confirmed on Monday, although the former Tasmania batsman Travis Birt, who recently switched to Western Australia, will head back to Hobart for the Twenty20 tournament to play with the Hurricanes. He will be joined by the Western Australia fast bowler Michael Hogan, while the Brisbane Heat signed the Queensland fast man Ben Cutting and the Sydney Sixers locked in the New South Wales batsman Ben Rohrer.

Cameron White is expected to captain the Stars, while the West Indian allrounder Dwayne Bravo, who has played for Victoria in the Big Bash, is in talks with one of the Melbourne sides. Neither Melbourne team has officially named any recruits yet, but Hussey said he would play with the Stars under the coach Greg Shipperd.

"There is something attractive about playing at home," Hussey said in the Weekend Australian. "I want to see Australia have a successful competition and I still believe that on the domestic front our cricket is the benchmark in world cricket.

"The reason I chose the Stars was I made a pact with a group of players to play in the team and hopefully have a successful year and go on to play in the Champions League, where we will reap the rewards in prizemoney. It is a different model to where you see two or three superstars who take all the money."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/521932.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock