Himachal Pradesh minister asks BCCI to change India-Pakistan World T20 match venue

• Thread starter Thread starter iSK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 6
  • Views Views: Views 732

iSK

Contributor
Reaction score
The India-Pakistan World T20 match is scheduled in Dharamsala on March 19.

Moved by heart-rendering scenes at Pathankot martyr Havaldar Sanjeevan Rana’s home, Himachal Pradesh transport minister G S Bali on Tuesday asked the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) to take a call on whether the World T20 match between India and Pakistan should be held at Dharamshala.

The transport minister said that during Rana’s cremation, he noted people’s anger against Pakistan and heard a lot of them raising questions about the match against neighbours on Himachal’s soil.

“Personally, I am not against the cricket match. But, the match is not a friendly match between two nations. It’s purely a commercial event. Just imagine how Rana’s family and the people of Himachal Pradesh will control their emotions if Pakistan – which has inflicted serious wounds — sends its cricket team to play at Dharamshala,” Bali wrote on his Facebook page.

Read More Here

Oh no i miss dharamshala environment .. Very much i am looking frwd to that match great disappoitment :s:s:( ..

Yeah Dramamshala Is very Nice venue but what to do :u:(

Himachal nahi chahta k pakistan uski jameen par cricket khele kyonki Jo pathankot main hua hai wo bhut bura hua hai na bro is liye ok

Bhai pta hai mujhe yeh :k From next time post in English :k

As Martyr Havaldar Sanjeevan Rana’s home is just 15-18 kms away from Dharmshala it's difficult to organise match between Pakistan and India.

People here are not correlating match and Pathankot Attack but it's going to effected by political influence. As Ruling Government in Himachal Pradesh is of Congress, so BCCI and Anurag Thakur will find it difficult

It will be better move to shift that match to other big venue having huge amount of sitting capacity bcoz in dharmashala only about 22-25k can witness the game which I think has least among all international venues in India

Back
Top Bottom