Discussion HDFC Credit Card Auto-Debit

• Thread starter Thread starter Endgame
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 1,315

Endgame

Reaction score
I'm using HDFC Credit Card for the last 6-7 years and since I have a HDFC savings account, set-up auto-debit (TAD).
For the last few months I've noticed that the 'Auto debit' is Rs.5000 less which earlier was full amount of Total Amount Due.
First time thought, it would be some mistake or maybe for refunds/cancelled transactions. But there's nothing such this time (at least) and again the auto-debit is Rs. 5000 less. It's not a problem though as I'm not charged with anything.
Anyone have any knowledge or faced the same thing?

I suggest you to immediately check this with HDFC CC. They might later charge interest and all that and can say that there has been an issue when we contact them. We don't need to go through all that hassle.

@Pranab Bro please Listen to what @Siva Bro has just said i.e contact HDFC CC immediately to clear your doubts.
I faced a situation last year.
Like you, I too have opted for Auto-debit from the very day I got my card. Last year one the given date(as usual) I got the SMS from the bank that such and such amount has been debited from your account in lieu of CC payment. It was normal (expected) for me to get such messages.
After about 2-3 days I got a SMS from Credit Card System that my payment from the bank has been declined. I made the mistake to ignore the message assuming "How can the payment be declined ? I have lot of money there ..."
Later when I contacted CC the damage had already been done. I think, that time I had to pay 3 types of charges. Late payment, Interest & payment decline charges (some thing like that). I lodged a complaint but it went into thin air after a week or so. I was busy at that time so could not track the proceedings of the complaint.
Moral of the story ---> contact HDFC CC immediately to clear your doubts :gn:.

@Siva & @Zmint bros, contacted CC today. Informed me that it's due to some transaction dispute I raised against Union Bank Digipurse Wallet.
Only then I remember of that, it was 8-10 months ago and the disputed amount was ₹5000. I got that money from Digipurse about 5 months ago, need to contact HDFC CC (over mail) to close this issue.

@Siva & @Zmint bros, contacted CC today. Informed me that it's due to some transaction dispute I raised against Union Bank Digipurse Wallet.
Only then I remember of that, it was 8-10 months ago and the disputed amount was ₹5000. I got that money from Digipurse about 5 months ago, need to contact HDFC CC (over mail) to close this issue.
If it's just 5000, why are they charging you 5000 less for several months bro?

If it's just 5000, why are they charging you 5000 less for several months bro?
I need to look at the statements thoroughly. What I feel is: Since this ₹5000 dispute is not yet closed, they are changing me the same over and above my other transactions every month (not reflected in transaction details, maybe they just 'blocked' this amount).
Not sure if I made myself clear.

I need to look at the statements thoroughly. What I feel is: Since this ₹5000 dispute is not yet closed, they are changing me the same over and above my other transactions every month (not reflected in transaction details, maybe they just 'blocked' this amount).
Not sure if I made myself clear.
Yeah, you need to check your statements. I really doubt if they charge over and over for the same transaction.

I'm using HDFC Credit Card for the last 6-7 years and since I have a HDFC savings account, set-up auto-debit (TAD).
For the last few months I've noticed that the 'Auto debit' is Rs.5000 less which earlier was full amount of Total Amount Due.
First time thought, it would be some mistake or maybe for refunds/cancelled transactions. But there's nothing such this time (at least) and again the auto-debit is Rs. 5000 less. It's not a problem though as I'm not charged with anything.
Anyone have any knowledge or faced the same thing?

Dear Sir
Refering to your email even though we pay in full , they charge the auto debit of minimum amount due which debited on the last day payment due date , I have written to them several times but HDFC never reply to our emails . Raghavan

Yeah, you need to check your statements. I really doubt if they charge over and over for the same transaction.
It's actually not charging every month. It's charged once (1st month). Since I raised a dispute (requested charge-back), they blocked this amount (₹5000) to merchant and my Auto-Debit was ₹5000 less. But since it's still on hold, so every month this is added to my actual expenses (and I paid those actuals).
Now after mailing them, got this reply:
This is with reference to your e-mail regarding on your four transactions of Rs.5000.00 each dated 14-Jan-2018 at M/s CITRUSP*DIGIPURSE MUMBAI IND

We understand from your recent mail that you are in agreement with the aforesaid transaction and the same has been resolved by you. Hence we wish to inform you that the query is being closed basis your mail confirmation. If you have any queries pertaining to your card account, please feel free to write to us. We would be more than glad to assist you with your queries.
Edit: There might be some confusions over 4×₹5000 transactions. 3 of those transactions were reversed earlier (and ₹5000 was added to my Digipurse wallet). This final ₹5000 was 'recurring' all these last 8-9 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom