• Views Views: Views 1,227

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
HCLLaunch_NareshSharma.jpg

HCL Infosystems yesterday launched three new HCL ME Tabs, called the ME U2, ME V1 and ME Y3. The company’s event saw its new brand ambassador, India’s U-19 cricket world cup winning captain Unmukt Chand launching the tablets.

Some key features of the three tablets are: 3G Video-calling, Voice-calling, Dual-SIM capability, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot and educations apps.

The prices of the three tablets are as follows: HCL ME U2 will cost Rs 5,999, HCL ME V1 is for Rs 7,999 and HCL ME Y3 costs Rs 11,999.

Mr Gautam Advani, Global Head, Mobility Business Unit, HCL Infosystems Ltd. said, “We’re very delighted to have Unmukt Chand as our brand ambassador for our ME Tablet brand. Unmukt’s exuberance and passion to excel is an apt personification of our brand. Like Unmukt, the ME Tab brand is young, focused and raring to go.”

Key features of the tablet are as follows:

HCL ME Y3: This has a 1 Ghz Cortex A9 CPU processor and comes with built-in GPS & FM Radio and a mini HDMI Port. It also has dual-SIM capability. The device has a 7-inch screen with 1024X600 pixels, 1GB RAM and 4GB storage space which is expandable via microSD. It has a 3.2 megapixel rear camera and 0.3 megapixel front camera.

HCL ME V1: HCL is calling this one a phablet as it comes with an integrated voice receiver and call vibrate options as well as built in EDGE/Data support. It also has a dual camera, built in proximity sensor and 1 GB RAM. The device has a 7-inch screen with 800X400 pixel resolution. It comes with 1GB RAM and 4GB storage space which can be expanded via microSD. It has a 2 megapixel rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera.

The HCL ME U2: Key spces of this tablet include a 1 Ghz Cortex A9 processor, with 1 GB RAM, and 4GB storage space (expandable to 32GB via Micros SD). This tablet however, does have access to Google Play Store which the other two tablets don’t allow. It can support external dongles and mini HDMI port. This does not support 3G data card. It has a 7-inch WVGA display has a resolution of 800X480 pixels. It has a 0.3-megapixel front camera but no rear camera.

HCL ME Tabs are preloaded with Big-Flix, Cleartrip, LinkedIn, NimBuzz, Twitter and Facebook. Also as an introductory offer HCL Infosystems offers MyEduWorld, a digital learning tool developed by HCL. The tablets will be available across the country from this month onwards.

HCL launches three new ME tablets with Android 4.0 | Firstpost

Back
Top Bottom