H.266 Codec

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
The codec - which is called both H.266 and Versatile Video Coding (VVC) - was announced by Germany's Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute .It said Apple, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Intel and Huawei were among those that had worked on its development.

The H.265 codec itself halved the bitrate requirement of its predecessor H.264, which is still widely in use."H.265 requires about 10 gigabytes of data to transmit a 90-minute ultra-high definition [4K] video," explains a press release."With this new technology, only 5GB are required to achieve the same quality."

New video format 'halves data use of 4K and 8K TVs'

Well! Save 50% Bandwidth Is Real Fantastic News But The License Fee / Patent Fee May Be High (At Present No Idea About That)

Well! Save 50% Bandwidth Is Real Fantastic News But The License Fee / Patent Fee May Be High (At Present No Idea About That)
Yeah! Even its prior version H.265 also not as being used as H.264 version I guess. It will take at least 4-5 years to implement I think.

Yeah! Even its prior version H.265 also not as being used as H.264 version I guess. It will take at least 4-5 years to implement I think.

Yeah Absolutely Bro!

Still Many Not Utilizing HEVC Properly

Just Assume If Tata Sky Use HEVC Completely Then Then Can Easily Make 1000 Channels Count As Its Saves Min 40% Bandwidth

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock