Govt makes first move to privatise Railways, invites private players to run 151 trains

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 723
Very bad move , each and every day Govt is privatising profit making Organization and that too for the corporate close to Govt Official or close relative of Ministers.
Earlier Railway used to be destination for Job seeker , Railway used to create job for our educated youth . But if Rail way going to privatise, Job opportunity for our children will definitely become low..
I don't know how much professionalism these corporate can bring in Railway in future but I am sure in future Railway will not create many job for our youth.

Very bad move , each and every day Govt is privatising profit making Organization and that too for the corporate close to Govt Official or close relative of Ministers.
Earlier Railway used to be destination for Job seeker , Railway used to create job for our educated youth . But if Rail way going to privatise, Job opportunity for our children will definitely become low..
I don't know how much professionalism these corporate can bring in Railway in future but I am sure in future Railway will not create many job for our youth.
Public sector companies offer job security and that is why everyone wants a job in government company, coz irrespective of poor performance no one can remove them from their post. This leads to a 'chalta hai' (will go unnoticed) attitude which compromises the quality of service. Same is the case with BSNL, Air India etc. Then when people choose private companies due to better service, these PSUs start running in losses, salaries go unpaid for months and in the end the employees will end up suffering.
With private companies it's all performance based incentive, you earn proportional to your skill level and performance. It's just the natural course of survival of the fittest and sooner or later all PSUs will get privatised. In UK the railway is run by private companies which are awarded the contract zone wise based on their bid amount and everything from ticketing to maintenance to running of service is done by the company during the contract period.

Last edited:
The on board services and maintenance will go to private players .The Meal services on board trains was in any case outsourced by IRCTC to private contractors.I don't see how this can be bad if it means better services.I just hope this extends to operation of trains and track maintenance too either through PPE model or through Private players only.Majority of delays now a days happens due to track maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock