Good News Google to discontinue Play Music this year, launches YouTube Music migration tool

• YouTube Music will replace Google Play Music by December 2020. Users will have the opportunity to transfer their music libraries from Google Play Music to YouTube Music in that timeframe.
  • In the coming months, Google Play Music users will no longer be able to stream from or use the Google Play Music app. Additionally, we are making changes to the Google Play store and Music Manager.
  • Starting in September 2020 in New Zealand and South Africa — and in October for all other global markets — users will no longer be able to stream from or use the Google Play Music app.
YouTube Music will replace Google Play Music by end of 2020

9gZ9KBj.jpg

There goes one of the official means to purchase music.

Google Play Music is still available for select users.
It is working for me. I can stream music via the Play Music web player or the Play Music app.

ioallXG.png

0P5YXaL.png

Got the reminder. Final notice before the data gets deleted on 24th Feb.

f9dCIFB.jpg
They need to give YouTube Music subscription codes in exchange for library. With the age of affordable streaming digital media is basically useless and a wastage of storage. This is why mother always says to buy physical books instead of kindle and other e-books as books are worth something in the future. I wish there was a means to resell digital media.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock